Exceeding expectations is a priority at Hobbs Iron and Metal. That is not limited to just the services we provide our customers, it applies to every aspect of our company. We have a responsibility of safety for our workers as well as our customers, and we take that responsibility very seriously.
Hobbs Iron and Metal strives to create an atmosphere that is safe by preventing industrial and environmental hazards for both our employees and customers. Safety programs are successful because of a company-wide staff commitment, and to a strong safety culture. By taking a proactive approach to safety, rather than a reactive approach, Hobbs Iron and Metal reduces accidents, and strives to prevent them all together.
We are committed to providing a safe workplace for all employees; therefore, we have developed a program for injury prevention involving management, supervisors, and employees in identifying and eliminating hazards that may develop during our work processes. Proper education and training are provided to all employees, as they are required to comply with company safety policies. We encourage all employees to participate in identifying techniques to increase the overall health and safety of our company.
SAFETY FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
- Watch for heavy equipment.
- Follow directions from yard personnel.
- No passengers allowed in truck beds or on trailers.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Watch out for heavy equipment.
- Make eye contact with the operator before moving around mobile equipment.
- Only enter the unloading areas when instructed.
- Do not climb on or take material from scrap piles.
- Observe "No Smoking" and "Do Not Enter" signs in the plant.
- Watch out for pedestrians while driving (especially when backing up).
- Dress appropriately - - wear sturdy shoes and use gloves to handle scrap.
Thank you for making our yard safe by following these guidelines.