HOW TO RECYCLE AT HOBBS IRON
DROP-OFF RECYCLING HOURS ARE:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please arrive 30 minutes before closing.
Hobbs Iron and Metal is open to the public for "drop in" recycling of all scrap metals. Companies as well as individuals are welcome to bring in scrap metals. Prior arrangements or appointments are not necessary.
Hobbs Iron and Metal's competitive pricing and your weigh-in and check-out experience will keep you coming back!
- When coming to Hobbs Iron and Metal, the first thing you will encounter is a wide open and clean driveway that directs you onto the scales. We weigh and grade your material. You will be directed where to take your scrap material, and our efficient and friendly personnel will assist you with your unloading. You never have to fear flat tires as we we keep driving areas clean.
- Upon unloading, you will either be given a scale ticket for payment or asked to return to the scale to obtain your unloaded weight.
- Pull onto the scale to weigh empty and when notified, pull off the scale.
- Park your vehicle and come to the pay window to receive payment for your materials. ID is required, and please know your license plate number.
- For current call (575) 393-1726.
HOW TO SELL TO US
- Review What we buy / What we don't buy to learn about our specifications and to ensure that your material complies prior to entering our facility.
- Identification is required for sale of scrap metals - A current Driver's License or valid state issued I.D. is required to receive payment.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Observe posted speed limits.
- Follow directions from yard personnel.
- No passengers allowed in truck beds or on trailers.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Watch out for heavy equipment.
- Make eye contact with the operator before moving around mobile equipment.
- Only enter the unloading areas when instructed.
- Do not climb on or take material from scrap piles.
- Observe "No Smoking" and "Do Not Enter" signs in the plant.
- Watch out for pedestrians while driving (especially when backing up).
- Dress appropriately - - wear sturdy shoes and use gloves to handle scrap.
Thank you for making our yards safer by following these guidelines.